Ham and Vegetable Muffins I’m a big fan of muffins. These Ham and Vegetable Muffins are so versatile – they are good for toddlers, school kids, Mums and Dads (only if they are really hungry!) Plus I like the fact…
Ham and Vegetable Muffins
I’m a big fan of muffins. These Ham and Vegetable Muffins are so versatile – they are good for toddlers, school kids, Mums and Dads (only if they are really hungry!) Plus I like the fact you can freeze muffins.
I particularly love this recipe though, because my kids love ham, and that is all they think about when they eat these muffins – which is good for me – because I’ve hidden veggies in there!! Great warm with a bit of butter…
How to Freeze Ham and Vegetable Muffins
Once you have made the muffins, allow them to cool totally to room temperature. Individually wrap the muffins in plastic wrap and pop in the freezer. These will be good frozen for up to a month!
Tips on How to Make Ham and Vegetable Muffins Healthier
- If you are trying to make these muffins even more nourishing, substitute the flour for wholemeal or wholegrain flour.
- Add 1/2 cup of Chia Seeds to the mix – these add a delicious crunch and are full of fibre.
- The butter can be substituted for coconut oil for a really beautiful nutty flavour
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 cups Flour Self-Raising
- 1 large Carrot peeled & grated
- 1/2 cup Zucchini (grated And Liquid Squeezed Out)
- 100 grams Ham chopped
- 1/4 cup Cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3 Egg
- 60 grams Butter
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together, flour, vegetables, cheese and ham together.
- Melt the butter and allow to cool.
- Add milk, eggs and butter to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Divide into 12-14 muffin cases (or 24 mini muffin cases).
- Bake at 160 degrees for approx 30 minutes.
- Check with a skewer to make sure the center is cooked, keeping in mind that the cheese will be melted & may end up on the skewer and ENJOY!