Any muffin is worth eating in our eyes, but if you want a muffin without a junk-guilt, these Healthy Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins are the answer.
With very little processed sugar, and using low fat sour cream, they are a delicious addition to both lunch boxes and after school snacking.
Making a large batch to freeze for later snacking and afternoon tea throughout the week works a treat. The kids will love these sweet goodies and you can know they are of nutritional value as well!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Lay a 12 hole muffin tin with patty cake liners and preheat oven to 200 degrees, or 180 if you have a fan forced oven.
- In one bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and brown sugar. Meanwhile in another bowl, combine the coconut oil, vanilla essence, beaten eggs, and sour cream.
- To the wet mixture, add the dry mixture, and fold together. Do not over mix, but ensure no dry spots remain.
- Add the blueberries all at once, stirring only slightly to distribute them through the batter.
- Divide batter into 12 muffin pans and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve slightly cooled.