Any muffin is worth eating in our eyes, but if you want a muffin without a junk-guilt, these Healthy Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins are the answer. With very little processed sugar, and using low fat sour cream, they are a…
Any muffin is worth eating in our eyes, but if you want a muffin without a junk-guilt, these Healthy Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins are the answer.
With very little processed sugar, and using low fat sour cream, they are a delicious addition to both lunch boxes and after school snacking.
Making a large batch to freeze for later snacking and afternoon tea throughout the week works a treat. The kids will love these sweet goodies and you can know they are of nutritional value as well!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar tightly packed
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups Low Fat Sour Cream
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Lay a 12 hole muffin tin with patty cake liners and preheat oven to 200 degrees, or 180 if you have a fan forced oven.
- In one bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and brown sugar. Meanwhile in another bowl, combine the coconut oil, vanilla essence, beaten eggs, and sour cream.
- To the wet mixture, add the dry mixture, and fold together. Do not over mix, but ensure no dry spots remain.
- Add the blueberries all at once, stirring only slightly to distribute them through the batter.
- Divide batter into 12 muffin pans and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve slightly cooled.