Homemade Baked Beans are good for your heart, so I’ve heard! They are also a terrific source of fibre and make a very hearty and filling breakfast!
Homemade Baked Beans are good for your heart, so I’ve heard!
They are also a terrific source of fibre and make a very hearty and filling breakfast!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 Cans Cannelloni Beans
- 2 Cans Tomatoes crushed
- 2 tsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Garlic crushed
- 1 Brown Onion chopped very finely
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 8 Bacon sliced
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard Powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Golden Syrup Or Maple Syrup
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a heavy based saucepan heat the olive oil and cook the bacon until crispy.
- Remove and set aside. Add the onion and garlic to the same pan and cook until the onion is very soft.
- Add the drained beans, syrup, tomato paste, tins of tomatoes and mustard powder.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer until the mixture thickens and reduces.
- Add the bacon back into the mixture and serve the homemade baked beans piping hot on toast.