It’s starting to feel like summer now and our homemade ice blocks recipes will surely be in rotation for the next couple of months!
With the hot weather here, I thought it was time to look at a few inexpensive and healthier versions of the humble Popsicle!
These home made ice blocks are perfect for hot summer days, especially when enjoyed outside by the pool or in between slips on the slip ‘n’ slide!
They also make a delicious and healthy snack for the kids during the summer holidays.
Your kids can even help whip up these treats! My kids love helping me blend the ingredients together and pouring the mixture into the moulds.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Plain low-fat yoghurt
Pina Colada Icies
- 1 Pack/can Pineapple Pieces (440 Grams)
- 1 Coconut Milk (395 Ml) (I use lite for less fat)
- 1/3 cup Honey
Strawberry and Yogurt Icies
- 2 Punnets Large Strawberries hulled
- 125 grams Plain Low-fat Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Coconut (400 Grams) skim
- 2 Ripe Mangoes
- 1 cup Lemonade (fizzy!)
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Combine the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour into ice block molds (or plastic coffee cups with a teaspoon for a handle).
- Freeze overnight until solid.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Freeze in ice block molds until solid.
- Remove flesh from the mangoes and puree ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into molds and freeze overnight.