Homemade Condensed Milk
At last, make condensed milk at home, it is, of course, the 6th food group!
Most people know that we love condensed milk around here, so it’s no surprise that this Homemade Condensed Milk recipe appealed to us so much.
In our eyes condensed milk is the food of the gods, so do yourself a favour and make it yourself at home.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract optional
- 2/3 cups Sugar
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan add the milk and sugar.
- Heat on a very low heat until the sugar is dissolved, being careful not to allow the mixture to simmer.
- Once all of the sugar has dissolved, increase the heat to low/medium and bring to a simmer. Don't stir once the simmering starts.
- Continue to simmer, without stirring, for between 35-40 minutes. During this time the milk will darken, become thick and reduce by about half. There may be some foam on the top of the mixture, so skim this off with a spoon.
- Once the mixture has reduced by half as is thickened, pour it into another container to cool. At this point, if you're using it, add the vanilla extract. Only put a lid on once the mixture has cooled completely.