Homemade Ferrero Rochers are the perfect homemade gift ideas for the person that has everything.
Even your mother in law would love this!
They are simple to make and you can make them and freeze them in advance. Definitely a great gift idea if you don’t know what to get for your friend, right?
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 100 grams Hazelnut
- 35 Hazelnuts for the center of the rochers
- 1 cup Nutella or Hazelnut Spread
- 60 grams Ice Cream Wafers finely chopped
- 400 grams Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Hazelnut Meal
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Heat oven to 180 degrees .
- On a baking tray, spread out all of the hazelnuts and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and wrap in a clean tea towel.
- Rub the nuts with the tea towel to remove the hazelnut skins.
- Set aside 35 whole hazelnuts then finely chop the rest.
- In a small bowl, mix the chocolate hazelnut spread, hazelnut meal and chopped hazelnuts until well combined.
- Freeze until the mixture is stiff enough to be moulded and rolled into balls.
- Working quickly while the mixture is stiff, mold one slightly heaped teaspoon of choc hazelnut mixture around 1 whole hazelnut, then roll in the chopped ice-cream wafers.
- Freeze again until the balls are firm.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a double boiler (a metal dish over a saucepan of simmering water), chocolate melting appliance or microwave and coat each ball draining off excess chocolate.
- Let sit until set then store in the fridge. Devour with friends and family!