Want to know How To Make Cake Pops?
Well these gorgeous little morsels aren’t as simple as they look. There is a bit of work involved, but they are simply divine and a great way of using up excess birthday cake or a flopped cake (we’ve all done it!).
For the Chocolate Cake, check out our recipe for Frugal Chocolate Cake – but a cheap packet cake would work, too!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Bake the cake and totally cool.
- Break it up in a bowl with your hands so it resembles breadcrumbs, but don't overwork it.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the cream cheese, icing sugar and butter until smooth.
- Mix in the cake crumbs with a wooden spoon (don't use the electric beaters for this).
- Gently work with your hands until the mixture can be mixed into small balls that stay together. but don't make it too wet!
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate - overnight is perfect if you can!
- Form small balls with the mixture with your hands and stick a lolly pop stick in each one - place on a tray lined with baking paper until completed.
- Gently melt the chocolate over a double boiler or very carefully in the microwave.
- Gently run the lolly pop through the melted chocolate until covered and place on a baking sheet and place in the freezer so it sets very quickly.
- Once set, repeat the chocolate dipping and dip in the sprinkles or decorate as required.