Want to know how to make caramel in a slow cooker? This recipe only says one can of condensed milk. However, you can cook as many as needed or however many will fit into your slow cooker. It’s so easy!…
Want to know how to make caramel in a slow cooker?
This recipe only says one can of condensed milk. However, you can cook as many as needed or however many will fit into your slow cooker. It’s so easy!
My good friend Kate recently showed me how she made her amazing caramel tarts. ‘But how did you get the caramel so delectable?’ I asked her. ‘It’s just condensed milk’ she said – and this is how she does it.
Now, I’ve always been a bit of a fraidy cat when it comes to cooking tins of condensed milk – but this recipe is a lot less scary. Set and forget!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 395 grams Condensed Milk
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Place the can or cans of condensed milk on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Fill with water so that the water is covering the can (yes, all the way over the top - this is very, very important).
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 5 - 6 hours.
- If you don't require the caramel right away, turn the slow cooker off and allow to cool. Place the cooled cans in the fridge until you require the caramel.
- If you need it right now, carefully remove some of the water from the slow cooker so that you can grab the can with a tea towel.
- Carefully place a tea towel on top of the can, and face the ring tab away from you. This will protect you from a spurt of caramel should pressure have built up in the can.
- Very carefully open the can, give the caramel a quick stir and use as normal.