Ever wanted to know exactly how to roast a leg of lamb? It’s easier than you think! Here’s how to make a roast like you’ve been doing it for years and years. Adjust your cooking time according to the size of your leg of lamb. We have some pointers below.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the leg of lamb into a baking dish.
- Using a sharp knife, poke some 1 cm deep pockets evenly over the roast (about six of them).
- Poke into each hole a little of the crushed garlic and a little of the dried rosemary.
- Pour the olive oil over the roast and massage into the skin.
- Sprinkle the dried thyme and salt over the top.
- As a general rule, allow 15 minutes at 180 degrees for every 500 grams of meat. Invest in a cheap meat thermometer - you are guaranteed perfectly cooked roasts every single time and it takes the guess work out of cooking times.