Ever heard of a Hummingbird Cake?
If there’s a cake that tastes like summer then this one is it.
It’s a delicious cake infused with crushed pineapple, walnuts and bananas.
Now this upgrade of the Hummingbird Cake is way better!
The Hummingbird Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing is just fruity and delicious!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease two round cake tins.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl with wooden spoon until well combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour half of mix into each tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and make lemon cream cheese icing.
Lemon Cream Cheese Icing
- Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth with electric beaters.
- Add icing sugar, milk and lemon juice. Beat for 4-5 minutes until thick and smooth.
- Ice bottom layer cake on the top of cake, then place second cake on top and ice the top of second cake.
- Decorate with lemon zest.