We aren’t always fans of natural remedies, but this I’ve Got the Flu ‘Healthy Ginger’ Drink comes recommended from us.
Definitely something to keep in mind especially in the early winter months where EVERYONE tend to get sick. The warm and tangy mix of ginger and lemon, as well as the sweet hint of honey, makes this beverage a clear winner that tastes good and makes you feel good. This works for us as a daily drink when we’re feeling under the weather and of course – lots of water!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 tbsp Ginger Root peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Water boiling
- 2 cups Ice
- 1 Water (1000 Millilitre) room temperature
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a glass measuring cup or heat-proof bowl, mix together the thinly sliced ginger, the honey, and the boiling water. Stir until the honey is dissolved, and then leave the mixture to steep for 10-15 minutes.
- While this is steeping, fill a 1.5-1.8 jug with ice and a few lemon slices (if you want). After the steeping time is up, strain the mixture into the jug and add in the lemon juice.
- Top the rest of the container up with water, and stir well to combine.