My boys love helping me in the kitchen and this recipe is great because they love to eat them, too. The boys love Lasagne but don’t always like it if it spreads on the plate so the solution was their…
My boys love helping me in the kitchen and this recipe is great because they love to eat them, too.
The boys love Lasagne but don’t always like it if it spreads on the plate so the solution was their very own Lasagne Cups sitting on the plate with a yummy Cheesy top. I have to admit if my food looks pretty it already tastes good, and my hubby is happy to have a few on his plate.
These are perfect freezer food for those busy days…lord knows us Mums need a night off every so often or after a late afternoon at soccer training. Because this recipe makes 24 you can have a dinner for another night as well. The other option is afternoon tea or lunches the next day. If you freeze individual serves in a snaplock bag they make a great fancy school lunchbox treat as they defrost by lunchtime or make a big batch of Bolognese Mince & have leftovers this is fast easy recipe to use up the leftovers! I’m always hiding extra veggies in my boys dinner, so feel free to add some grated broccoli (yep, it grates so well when added to mince – they’ll never know!), finely sliced cabbage, any veggie really.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Cup Tasty Grated Cheese
- 50 grams Butter
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 500 grams Beef Mince
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 1 Carrot grated
- 1 Zucchini, Grated
- 420 grams Tinned Tomatoes finely diced
- 1 tbsp Gravy Mix
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 500 grams Fresh Lasagne Sheets in the fridge section at the supermarket
- 1 cup Tasty Grated Cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil Spray to spray muffin tins
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Place Butter in saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Add plain flour & whisk together.
- Slowly add milk, 1/4 cup at a time. Continue to whisk until smooth & starts to thicken before adding more milk.
- Once all milk is added, whisk again & add Grated Cheese. Whisk again until cheese has melted & mixed through evenly.
- Preheat oven to 180º.
- Dice onion, grate carrot & zucchini. Add to fry-pan over high heat, add garlic & brown slightly.
- Add the mince and brown well. Add the tin of tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce & gravy mix to frypan.
- Stir well & allow to thicken over medium to low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Set mince aside to cool slightly. Spray muffins tin Olive Oil.
- Cut the fresh lasagne sheets in half, press into muffin tins so that you have 4 corners poking out like a little basket.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of Lasagne Mince into the bottom of the pasta lined muffin tin, then 1 tablespoon Cheese Sauce. Repeat until you have filled the muffin tin.
- Sprinkle the top with the extra Grated Cheese.
- Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before removing from tins.
- Serve with a fresh garden salad for dinner or super tasty afternoon tea individual snack.