Leftover Pasta Bake is a great recipe to make the night before a food shop.
Get rid of all the leftovers and bits and pieces out of the fridge – and throw them into a pasta bake.
For the price estimates here we’ve used a large national supermarket, but it’s possible (and highly encouraged) for you to look around at your local farmers market, local butcher or at discount grocers. You’re likely to find many of these ingredients even cheaper there!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 cups Pasta uncooked, any style you like - $0.40
- 1 tbsp Butter $0.07
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour $0.02
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube $0.18
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated - $0.80
- 1 Leftover Steak/bacon, Ham, Turkey, Or Chicken diced - price dependent
- 1 Cherry Tomatoes diced, as many as you like - $3.00
- 6 Mushrooms sliced - $2.00
- 1 500 Millilitres Milk $0.52
- 1 310 Gram Corn Kernels tinned, $0.80
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Cook the pasta noodles according to the directions and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a microwave proof jug, melt the butter until bubbling.
- Add the flour and crushed stock cube and stir to make a roux.
- Add a little milk and use a whisk to beat until smooth.
- Add the milk and heat for a minute at a time in the microwave, giving it a good whisk in between until the mixture thickens.
- Add the cup of grated cheese and again whisk until smooth (microwave a further 30 seconds if needed).
- In a small bowl combine the chopped up leftover meats, tomatoes, mushrooms etc together with the pasta and pour into a an oven proof casserole dish.
- Pour over the cheese sauce.
- Add the extra cheese on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until bubbling and golden on top.