My Nan made these Lemon Bars all the time when I was young. They are so refreshing and light. You can also use the same recipe for Orange Bars or Lime Bars, just change the fruit accordingly!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 125 grams Butter
- 1/4 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Plain Flour sifted
- 3 Egg
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon Rind
Tried Dinnerly instead?
All ingredients supplied, Cook Easy Meals for under $5.95 P/PExclusive SAHM Offer: $60 Off the first 3 meal boxes. Use code: C3MAMI20F at checkout.
Redeem this Offer
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a lamington tin with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and icing sugar together with electric beaters until nice and smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of the Plain Flour.
- Press the base mixture into the prepared pan and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden.
- In a small bowl combine the eggs, caster sugar, remaining plain flour, juice and rind and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the hot cooked base and bake for a further 20 minutes or until the mixture is firm and set.
- Cool in the pan.
- Dust with extra icing sugar and cut into bars or squares as desired.