Lemon Lunch Box Slices
I am always on the lookout for snack ideas, so these Lemon Lunch Box Slices went down a treat in the kid’s school lunch boxes.
They are delicious and citrusy – and whether you decide to ice them or not – they are great for kids of all ages!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 125 grams Butter
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
- 2 Eggs beaten lightly
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 4 tsp Plain Flour
- 4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Rind finely grated
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Beat in butter, flour and icing sugar until it forms a soft dough.
- Put dough on a lightly floured surface and knead briefly.
- Press your dough into a shallow rectangle slice tin and bake in oven for 20 minutes. Allow to cool in tin.
- For the topping combine eggs, sugar, flour, lemon and lime juices, and lemon rind in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour over the cooked base and cook for another 25 - 30 minutes or until firm.
- Place in refrigerator until cold, then cut into slices.