Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
If you’ve never added ricotta cheese to your pancakes before, then these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are going to absolutely blow your mind. They’re so delightfully fluffy, with lots of zesty tang, and perfect for breakfast any day of the week. We top ours with berries for healthy, slivered almonds for crunch, and honey for sweetness, but you can (and should) use whatever you like!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 cups Plain White Flour
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Egg
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 3/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Lemon Zest
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs. Then add the milk, ricotta and vanilla, beating well.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Then, fold the lemon juice and zest through the mix until well distributed. Be careful of over mixing the batter.
- Pour pancakes into a hot buttered pan, at the size you want. We used about 1/3 cup for each, and have a large pan so we could cook a few at a time. Don’t try and cook too many though, or they can blend together. Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side, flipping when small bubbles appear on the top.
- Serve with berries, slivered almonds, honey, or your choice of toppings.