I adore my ‘Lose a Kilo Soup‘.
You see, I’m not a fan of diets. In my opinion, they just don’t work. Plus I really like to eat, and it has to be tasty and delicious.
I make huge batches of this soup and freeze it during the colder months. Not only is it full of iron, I’ve also discovered it has another benefit – I always lose weight! Of course I’ll replace a meal with this soup, but I know it is healthy, hearty and tasty.
I prefer mine unblended because I like the chunks – but you can blend it up if you wish! For added protein, add a few slices of poached chicken breast!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Salt And Pepper to taste
- 1 Oil Spray
- 1 Cabbage (150 Grams)
- 1 Broccoli Florets (150 Grams)
- 1 Spinach (150 Grams)
- 1 Dried Lentils (200 Grams)
Tried Dinnerly instead?
All ingredients supplied, Cook Easy Meals for under $5.95 P/PExclusive SAHM Offer: $60 Off the first 3 meal boxes. Use code: C3MAMI20F at checkout.
Redeem this Offer
- Cut the broccoli into florets and slice the cabbage.
- Thinly slice the onion and the carrot and mince the garlic clove.
- Heat oil spray in a pan and sweat onion, carrot and garlic for ten minutes until soft and sweet.
- Add broccoli, spinach, cabbage and chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer then stir in the lentils.
- Simmer for 25 minutes or until the lentils are tender, then season well.
- For a blended, smooth soup - Pour into a food processor. Blend until smooth then serve.
- For a chunky, unblended soup - serve it up as is!