Kids, as we all know, are very hands on when it comes to their food, which makes recipes like these Macaroni and Cheese Muffins worth remembering. These Macaroni and Cheese Muffins a great way to recreate a kid-friendly meal into an…
Kids, as we all know, are very hands on when it comes to their food, which makes recipes like these Macaroni and Cheese Muffins worth remembering.
These Macaroni and Cheese Muffins a great way to recreate a kid-friendly meal into an easily transportable snack option.
What’s even better is that they’re nice and easy to put together, and would make a great inclusion to a child’s lunchbox as well.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 cups Macaroni Elbows uncooked
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozarella Cheese
- 2 tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 3/4 tsp Paprika
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and either grease or line a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the pasta until tender, but not overcooked. This should take about 7-10 minutes depending on the pasta variety. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan melt the butter over a medium-low heat. Add the flour and cook, whisking, for a minute or two. It should look like a paste.
- To this mixture add the milk slowly, whisking to combine. When a sauce forms, add everything else except the mozzarella cheese. Add your sauce to the cooked pasta and stir well.
- Evenly distribute the pasta and cheese mixture into your 12 muffin tins, sprinkling each one with mozzarella cheese and flattening slightly to fill out the tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 7-10 minutes, and let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm, or pop in the fridge and serve cool.