Not everyone is a fan of seafood, but those who are will absolutely love this Macaroni Seafood Pasta Bake.
There’s a slightly French vibe about this dish, but it’s super frugal and bursting with yummy seafood flavours. Plus, this dinner is creamy as hell, but there isn’t a drop of cream to be found! Healthy and delicious!
Now, we didn’t include any veggies in this, but we did serve some steamed veg and some salad on the side!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 250 grams Macaroni Noodles
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 500 grams Seafood Marinara Mix uncooked
- 1 Onion finely sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 3/4 cups Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Chicken Stock Pwder
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parsley Leaves finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to your taste, then drain and pop in large baking or casserole dish.
- In a skillet or similar heavy bottomed pan, heat half of the olive oil on a high heat. Sear the seafood in the hot pan, about 30 seconds a side. It should still be raw on the inside. Pop into the baking dish.
- Without washing the skillet/pan, put it back on the stove and pop in the rest of the olive oil. Turn it down to medium heat, and cook the onion and the garlic until soft, or about 3-4 minutes. Add this into the baking dish as well.
- Put the same skillet (again don't wash in between) back on the stove and melt the butter in it. Add the flour and mix into the melted butter, cooking for about one minute.
- Add a cup of milk and, using a whisk, combine with the butter and flour. This should thicken quickly. Add the rest of the milk, the parmesan, and the chicken stock, and whisk to mix. Cook, whisking now and then initially and then constantly, as the mixture thickens. Once it is quite thick, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour this into the baking dish with the rest of the ingredients, and stir a little to distribute. Top with the two breadcrumbs and the parmesan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is nice and golden. Top with the chopped parsley leaves before serving.