How to Make Popcorn in the Microwave
Here’s a homemade microwave popcorn recipe that’s really easy and probably a bit better for you and cheaper than the stuff you buy in the ready-made packets (and a hell of a lot cheaper too!!!)
I actually really love the shop-bought versions – they are really yummy – but they are really full of butter and sugar and all things really naughty – as this version just has a little seasoning. If you are looking for a bit more ‘taste’ in your popcorn – consider adding some of the following:
- Vegeta (the vegetable stock powder)
- Dry Yeast
- Lemon Zest
- Lemon Pepper
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1/2 cup Popping Corn
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Mix together the unpopped popcorn and oil in a small bowl.
- Pour the mix into a large brown paper bag, sprinkle in the salt and shake well.
- Fold the top of the bag over twice to seal in the ingredients.
- Cook in the microwave at full power for 2½ to 3 minutes, or until you hear pauses of about 2 seconds between pops.
- Carefully open the bag to avoid steam, and pour into a serving bowl.