Tuna Mornay is a Very Frugal Food!
It can be ‘bulked up’ with loads of cooked brown rice or pasta and served with a salad to make it a healthy and cheap weeknight dinner for the whole family.
This dish is just so amazing as the ingredients are inexpensive but this doesn’t in any way tastes cheap!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Brown Onion Diced Finely
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- 3/4 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup Cheese grated
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- 425 grams Tuna In Springwater drained and flaked
How to Make Tuna Mornay:
- Melt butter in frying pan, add the diced onion and fry for approx. 3 mins until soft.
- Add flour and constantly stir until mixed in.
- Slowly add milk and cream, stirring until mixture thickens. Stir in cheese, broccoli florets, tuna, Worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well until heated through, then top with grated cheese before serving.
- Serve with pasta or rice (I like to mix my pasta through the sauce before serving).