Turmeric Waffles – A Slight Twist on the Standard Waffle Recipe.
I like to serve these waffles with a nice poached egg on top and perhaps some rocket too.
Plus the waffles look fabulous because the Turmeric gives them a fabulous orange colour! #winning
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 1/2 cups Whitemill Self Raising Flour
- 2 Lodge Farms Free Range Eggs
- 1 3/4 cups Farmdale Fresh Full Cream Milk
- 2 tsp The Olive Tree Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Robust
- 1 tbsp Stonemill Ground Turmeric 60g
- Mix together all the wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the wet mixture in the centre.
- Slowly whisk from the centre, gently bringing in the wet liquid.
- Beat well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the waffle iron. Spray with canola oil.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the mixture onto the waffle iron and cook until golden
- Serve with a Poached Egg
- An optional serving suggestion is to add a handful of rocket leaves for texture.