Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- In a microwave jug melt the butter until frothy, add the flour and salt and whisk.
- Microwave for 20 seconds to cook out the flour.
- Add a small amount of milk and whisk until you get a creamy even consistency. Whisk in the remaining milk and cheese.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and whisk, repeat until nice and thick.
Onion Sauce (Variation of White Sauce)
- In a small saucepan, boil a cup of water and the onion together until the onion is cooked through and soft.
- Add the butter and the milk and cook for another few minutes.
- In a small cup make a paste with the cornflour and a tiny amount of water. Add to onion mixture and cook on low until the desired consistency.