If you are a fan of our Pizza Scrolls and Cheesy Vegemite Scrolls, you will love these hearty and beefy Mince Scrolls! Mince Scrolls are hearty and delicious and are perfect for a yummy after school or school holiday snack or lunch idea. We have freezing instructions too so you can bake in bulk!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Beef Mince, 300 Grams You can also use turkey, chicken or pork
- 1 Tomatoes, Canned diced
- 1 tsp Garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion chopped finely
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup Beef Stock
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp White Sugar
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- In a frying pan, heat some olive oil. When it is hot enough, put in the onion and garlic and cook until it is soft. Add the beef (you can opt to use turkey, pork or chicken) mince until it turns brown.
- Add the canned tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and beef stock. Let it simmer for 20 minutes or more.
- Observe closely if the mixture has reduced and thickened. When it does, remove the pan from heat and let it cool.
- Preheat he oven to 180 degrees while lining the flat baking tray with baking paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the flour and sugar together. Add in the butter, mix thoroughly until it looks like breadcrumbs. Add milk to the bowl and mix it until it becomes thicker and looks like a stick dough.
- Knead on a floured surface, roll out to a 40cx 30 cm rectangle.
- Spread the mince mixture over the dough and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Roll up the scrolls starting on the long end. Cut into 23 scrolls. Place it on the baking tray and arrange with gaps in between to give it little room when it spreads.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven once it turns into golden brown.