time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 500 grams Lean Beef Mince
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion (Diced)
- 2 tsp Garlic (Minced)
- 3/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 2 Puff Pastry (sheet)
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 125 grams Mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp Minced Herbs or Tuscan seasoning
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a mixing bowl place mince, milk, seasoning, tomato sauce, breadcrumbs and mix together using a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Heat oil in frypan and add onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook until onion is clear and mushrooms have browned. Drain off any juices and place on paper towel to drain further. This prevents the pastry from going soggy.
- Lay both sheets of pastry down on a lined baking tray and join together the two sheets. Overlap the pastry by about 1cm and press down on the pastry with your fingers.
- Place half of the mushroom and onion mix on the pastry in a wide line up the center leaving about 5cm at either end. The top this with the mince mix forming a log shape.
- Top with remaining mushroom and onion mix. Wrap up doing the sides first one at time then as you turn over tucking the ends under. Prick the top with a fork and brush pastry with egg so it turns golden brown when cooking.
- Cook in oven on lined tray for 40 minutes at 190 degrees C or until the pastry is golden.