Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1/2 Packet Filo Pastry $1.75
- 3 Brown Onions $0.44
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar $0.02
- 300ml Cream $1.55
- 1 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 1 Egg
Tried Dinnerly instead?
All ingredients supplied, Cook Easy Meals for under $5.95 P/PExclusive SAHM Offer: $60 Off the first 3 meal boxes. Use code: C3MAMI20F at checkout.
Redeem this Offer
- Preheat the oven to a hot 200 degrees.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter.
- Cut the filo pastry into 10cm squares.
- Grabbing one sheet of filo pastry at a time, butter one side and place butter side down in a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Every muffin hole should have three pieces of filo. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
How to Make Caramelised Onions
- Slice the onions into skinny rings. Heat a frypan on medium heat and add the onions.
- Stir well every few minutes. Cook for 20 minutes or until the onions are very soft.
- Stir in the tablespoon of brown sugar. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
Putting the Tarts Together
- Add a tablespoon of the onion mixture in every tart shell.
- Mix together the cream and one egg.
- Spoon two tablespoons of the cream mixture into every tart shell.
- Place in the oven at 150 degrees for 16 minutes.
- Allow cooling for a few minutes before serving.