Nutritious Multigrain Bread is definitely a must try for mums. It’s soft, fluffy and good for the whole family. If it’s cheat day, then maybe douse it in Nutella – the combination is heavenly!
This recipe of Multigrain Bread is perfect for people on a diet. This is nutritious because this is filled with pumpkin seeds, which are good for both the heart and the liver.
This doesn’t have very strong flavour so you can spread some jam onto it or, well, dip it in Nutella! Yes, dip.
This is a flexible food so you don’t have to worry about having a limited range of flavours.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 cups Bread Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Instant Dry Yeast
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar or honey
- 400 ml Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Multigrains
- 60 grams Pumpkin Seeds toasted
- 1 Old Fashioned Oats for garnishing
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Place all ingredients except pumpkin seeds in the bowl of your stand mixer and knead until it had come together and beginning to become elastic, or let the machine knead for 10 to 15 minutes. Add pumpkin seeds after 5 minutes of kneading. This is to prevent the pumpkin seeds from breaking.
- Cover with plastic wrap or clean kitchen towel and allow to rise in a warm place until it doubles in volume. It will take about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Punch down the bread dough to release the air. Turn out the dough onto a clean surface.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Roll out each dough with a rolling pin into rectangle shape. Roll up the dough until a log is formed.
- Place dough in 2 pans lining with non-stick baking sheet. Let it rise for another 45 - 60 minutes or until dough is double in size.
- Brush the dough with egg wash (mixture of 1 tbsp egg white with 2 tsp water) and sprinkle with old-fashioned oats.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 190C (with fan setting) for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before slicing.