Aussie Aussie Aussie. Oi Oi Oi
Lamingtons are a classic dessert in Australia, but the classic recipe does have a great twist in the form of these Pink Strawberry Lamingtons. Perfect for pink-loving kiddos, birthday parties, or breast cancer fundraisers of any kind, this Aussie-inspired dessert is a simple, but satisfying, sweet treat.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Sponge Cake about 18cm x 30cm
- 2 1/2 cups Icing Sugar (Sifted)
- 2 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 3 tbsp Jelly Crystals strawberry or raspberry
- 2 Drops Red Food Coloring
- 1/2 cup Dessicated Coconut
- 1 Water 200 ml, boiling
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Cut your sponge cake up into lamington sized pieces.
- In a bowl combine the butter, jelly crystals and red food colouring. Pour over 250ml of boiling water and stir until butter and crystals are dissolved. Then add in icing sugar. Whisk until smooth, and set aside to cool.
- Pour the desiccated coconut into a shallow bowl. Dip each side of the sponge cake into the icing, and immediately roll in coconut. Repeat until all are covered.