A nice, little and easy side dish the whole family will enjoy. Because it taste so good they might not even realize its good for them either.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut and dice pumpkin, place on a lined baking tray and dry bake for 20 minutes.
- While pumpkin is baking prepare remaining ingredients.
- Place quinoa in saucepan and pour chicken stock in. Bring to the boil, once boiled reduce heat to low. Stir occasionally allowing to cook until liquid is absorbed, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a frypan with 1 tablespoon oil and add onion and mushrooms, over a high heat stir until mushrooms and onion are soft and starting to brown.
- Place cooked quinoa in bowls top with pumpkin pieces, add a scoop of mushroom mix to each bowl also then sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Serve on it's own or with a steamed chicken breast on top.