Traditional Rum Balls are an old time favourite loved by young and old.
You don’t have to just make them at Christmas time, they are good all year around!
I love these – make up to a week ahead and enjoy! They also make a great gift for a boss or Grandfather or anyone else hard to buy for.
This recipe is made the old time way – which uses Weetbix – and it gives the Rum Balls that delicious texture that the Traditional Rum Balls should have!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Weetbix biscuits
- Desiccated Coconut
- 8 Weetbix Biscuits
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 400 grams Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Sultanas
- 2 tbsp Cocoa
- 2 tbsp Rum (or more depending on taste!)
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
Method to Make Traditional Rum Balls:
- In a metal bowl, place the raisins or sultanas and the run, cover with plastic wrap and let it marinate for a day (or two...).
- Place crushed weetbix, cocoa, coconut and marinated fruit in a bowl.
- Pour over the condensed milk and stir well.
- Take out teaspoons at a time and roll in coconut and chill.