Rustic Tomato Soup tastes nothing like nails! It’s a brilliant Tomato soup recipe that I really love.
It’s a great way to use up any excess tomatoes when they are in season – and it freezes beautifully! Insanely good for you and for the whole family. Make a batch today!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tbsp Salt to taste
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Kgs Ripe Tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp Baking Soda (or A Pinch)
- 1/2 cup Water
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Cut up tomatoes and onion in a large saucepan, add sugar, salt and water, bring to the boil and simmer for approx 1 hour.
- Strain through a sieve or sauce strainer to remove skins and seeds and return liquid to saucepan and reheat.
- Add pinch of baking soda.
- Mix cornflour to a smooth paste with milk and stir into the soup before it comes to the boil.
- Stir well.
- Serve hot with cheesy toasts or croutons.