Savoury Mince Recipe
Savoury Mince is always a good stand by meal. It is so versatile because you can make so many meals using it. Savoury Mince can be used as a main dish or for a filling for pastries, on toast or Shepherds Pie…..the list is endless!
A brief list of things you can do with it include:
Add rice noodles and sauce for a Beef Chow Mein
Add some taco seasoning and put in tacos with lettuce, tomato and cheese
Add a bit of gravy and put in a pie shell with pastry for a family meat pie.
Roll in pastry for sausage rolls
More Reading: Frugal Old-Fashioned Pastie Slab
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Oil (olive)
- Beef Stock Powder
- Tomatoes, crushed
- Mince Beef
- Mixed frozen vegetables
- 2 tbsp Oil (olive)
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves crushed (or 2 teaspoons minced garlic)
- 1 tsp Beef Stock Powder
- 1 large Carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 840 grams Tomatoes, Crushed 2 x tins
- 600 grams Mince Beef
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 250 grams Mixed Frozen Vegetables
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic - cook, stirring for 5 mins or until onion soft.
- Add mince, beef stock powder and spices.
- Cook until mince browned - stir occasionally.
- Add carrot and other veggies. Cook another 5 mins, stirring.
- Add tomato paste then stir another 2 mins.
- Add tomatoes, then increase heat and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat again to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 mins until sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper.