Scottish Tablet Fudge
My best friend growing up was half Scottish and we grew up on this Scottish Fudge. Her Dad would make it every single weekend. It looks and smells like fudge, but has a very wonderfully brittle almost fine gritty texture. It’s just divine, totally full of sugar, but in small doses it makes a wonderful accompaniment to a cup of tea or coffee.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Grease a square baking tin well.
- In a heavy saucepan place the milk, sugar and butter.
- Stir gently over low heat until the sugar is dissolved (about 20 minutes or so).
- Add the condensed milk and boil the mixture for 25 minutes or until it is a lovely golden brown.
- Add the vanilla and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Beat the mixture vigorously for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is thick.
- Pour into the tin and allow to set on the bench
- Once it is set, cut it into small squares.