time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion chopped finely
- 3/4 cups Water
- 1 tsp Garlic crushed
- 1 Carrot chopped
- 750 grams Minced Lamb
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 3 Potato peeled and cut into four
- 1/4 cup Milk (hot)
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3/4 cup Cheese (cheddar) grated
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a heavy based pan heat the olive oil.
- Add the mince, onion, garlic and carrot and stir until the mince is well browned
- Stir in the water, sauces and beef stock cube and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Simmer uncovered for a few minutes and then stir in the flour.
- Add a little extra water if the mixture is too dry.
- Spoon the mixture into a casserole dish.
- Spread over the prepared mashed potato and top with cheese.
- Grill until golden and serve the shepherds pie immediately.
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes or until very tender.
- Add the hot milk, the butter and a chicken stock cube. Mash until light and fluffy.