How to Make Taco Shells
|I want to see what's trending every day with your Daily Catch Up.|
|I want a once-a-week recap with your Weekly Wrap Up.|
Taco shells are super versatile. You can have them hard or soft…whatever works for you! This Taco shell recipe is super easy to make. We are sure you’ll love it!
- 1 1/2 cups Water cold
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Mix all together with hand beater.
- Pour 1/4 cup into a hot greased skillet and fry like pancakes. You can use the same ingredients to make taco shells!
- Heat a few cm of oil in a heavy pan over medium to medium-high heat.
- Use tongs to place one tortilla at a time into the oil. It should start to sizzle right away.
- Cook for about 15 seconds, then flip over and fold the shell in half, holding in place with the tongs until crispy, about 15 seconds. You may need a little practice at first.
- Drain on paper towels, and sprinkle with salt while still hot. Use for tacos right away, or they may become chewy.
- Taco Shells are not suitable to freeze.