Taco shells are super versatile. You can have them hard or soft…whatever works for you! This Taco shell recipe is super easy to make. We are sure you’ll love it!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups Water cold
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- Mix all together with hand beater.
- Pour 1/4 cup into a hot greased skillet and fry like pancakes. You can use the same ingredients to make taco shells!
- Heat a few cm of oil in a heavy pan over medium to medium-high heat.
- Use tongs to place one tortilla at a time into the oil. It should start to sizzle right away.
- Cook for about 15 seconds, then flip over and fold the shell in half, holding in place with the tongs until crispy, about 15 seconds. You may need a little practice at first.
- Drain on paper towels, and sprinkle with salt while still hot. Use for tacos right away, or they may become chewy.