Sometimes your main dinner dish is just calling out for something simple and tasty on the side. These Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes are a perfect accompaniment for the fanciest of steaks or the plainest of chicken dishes and best of all, its all done in your slow cooker!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Fillings of your choice - Cowbelle Tasty Cheese (grated), Berg Bacon Chops (diced), chopped or grated vegetables, shallots etc
- 12 Baking Potatoes
- Fillings Of Your Choice - Cowbelle Tasty Cheese (grated), Berg Bacon Chops (diced), Chopped Or Grated Vegetables, Shallots Etc
- Prick each potato all over- at about 6 different places - with a fork and wrap each potato in a square of aluminium foil.
- Place the potatoes in your slow cooker. Do not add water.
- Cover your slow cooker.
- Cook the potatoes on High for 4-5 hours, or until the potatoes are soft when you prick them with a fork. (If you’re cooking on High, check the potatoes after they have cooked for 4 hours. If you’re cooking on Low, check after 8 hours.)
- To test if the potatoes are done, use a potholder to remove you slow cooker lid.
- With your potholder still on, carefully unwrap one of the potatoes. Prick it with a fork, if it feels soft, the potatoes are done, if it still feels hard, carefully re-wrap the potato and cook it for another 30-60 minutes, or until it is soft when you prick it again with a fork.
- Serve plain or slice longways and top with your favourite fillings.