Slow Cooker Beef and Barley Soup
Slow Cooker Beef and Barley Soup. There is nothing quite like a cold winters day huddled inside with the slow cooker simmering something hearty and delicious that you know is going to hit the spot. This is a real hearty and delicious soup. Serve with cheesy toasts and nothing else! It’s even better the next day!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Brown Onion
- 1.5 kg Gravy Beef
- 1 cup Barley
- 2 Brown Onion chopped
- 1 Capsicum - Green chopped roughly
- 4 Carrot chopped roughly, skin left on
- 420 grams Diced Tomato
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1000 ml Beef Stock
- Cut the beef into 1.5cm cubes (this is easier to do if the beef is slightly frozen).
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and stir well.
- Cook on high for 8 hours, stirring every so often. If the mixture resembles a casserole rather than a soup - add a bit more stock but make sure it is still nice and thick and hearty!