WHAT?? Beef + Coke = Casserole? NOOOOOOOOOOOO! REALLY???
When I first read this and saw people raving, I was fairly skeptical… after all coke and meat together??
But it turned out quite well. The coke really makes the beef tender and the tomato paste thickens the sauce and adds a real richness to the recipe.
I actually quite like it (yes you can wash my mouth out with soap!)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 750 grams Gravy Beef
- 1 tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Packet French Onion Soup Mix
- 1 Coca Cola 375 millilitre can
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Add the crushed garlic and French onion soup mix to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Cut up the gravy beef into small bite sized pieces and add on top of the soup mix.
- Stir it well to evenly 'coat' the meat in the garlic and soup mix.
- Pour over your can of coke.
- Cook on HIGH for six hours.
- Stir well and add the tomato paste - this will thicken the liquid and turn it into a casserole.
- Cook for a further two hours on LOW or until the meat starts to fall apart.
- Serve on mashed potato with steamed vegetables.