Slow Cooker Bread and Butter Pudding is always a crowd pleaser – loved by young and old.
If you have never tried it, now is the time to give it a red hot go!
This recipe is particularly wonderful because not only is it minimal effort (like many slow cooker dishes), it also costs just $5 for the entire dessert!
This makes it ideal for weeks when the budget is tight, or when you’re trying to save!
For the price estimates here we’ve used a large national supermarket, but it’s possible (and highly encouraged) for you to look around at your local farmers market, local butcher or at discount grocers. You’re likely to find many of these ingredients even cheaper there!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg $0.08
- 4 Spiced Fruit Bread buttered, crusts removed, each slice cut into four pieces - $0.70
- 2 cups Milk $0.50
- 4 Eggs $1.80
- 1/4 cup White Sugar $0.05
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract $0.17
- 1/2 cup Sultanas or mixed fruit - $0.40
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Place bread slices in slowcooker.
- In a bowl place the milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla essence and beat until smooth.
- Pour over bread.
- Sprinkle over the sultantas and nutmeg.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Serve warm or chilled with cream and or icecream. The ultimate in comfort food!