Slow Cooker Chicken Meatloaf
Chicken or Turkey mince can be used in this recipe. Don’t discount turkey mince, it is significantly leaner than chicken and you can’t tell the difference when it is cooked (well I can’t tell the difference anyway!).
This recipe is simple and frugal. Just how we like it here at Stay at Home Mum. If you haven’t ever used chicken or turkey mince, you are in for a treat, as it readily absorbs the flavours cooked with it.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Spring vegetable dry soup mix
- 1kg Chicken Or Turkey Mince
- 1 packet Spring Vegetable Dry Soup Mix
- 1 Brown Onion, Diced Finely
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 200 grams Grated Zucchini
- 200 grams Grated Carrots
- 250 grams Fresh Spinach, Chopped Finely
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs (dried)
- 2 Eggs
- Line your slow cooker with baking paper and pre-heat it to LOW.
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients except for the breadcrumbs.
- Form into a large 'patty'.
- Pour half the breadcrumbs into the bottom of the slow cooker, add the meatloaf, and sprinkle the remaining breadcrumbs on top.
- Cook for 4 Hours on LOW.
- Carefully use the baking paper to remove the meatloaf. Pour off any excess liquid.
- If you wish, pop the meatloaf under the griller with a handful of cheese on top for 10 minutes to brown.
- Serve with mashed potato and vegetables.