Slow Cooker Golden Syrup Dumplings
It is getting pretty damn cold now already! So my thoughts go towards those delicious heavy desserts – puddings! I’m rather partial to a Golden Syrup Steamed Pudding, these are similar but without all the hoo haa that goes alone with steaming.
Grab your slow cooker out now – and don’t put it away until Summer comes back – and yes you can make amazing desserts. Serve your Slow Cooker Golden Syrup Dumplings with double cream or vanilla ice cream. It really needs to be eaten right away – if you put leftovers in the fridge the dumplings get a bit chewy by morning.
So there’s a good excuse to go back for seconds, and thirds, then scrape the bottom of the slow cooker with a spoon to grab that extra sauce!
What if you don’t like Golden Syrup?
Well for a start, we can’t be friends. But there are plenty of alternatives such as:
- Maple Syrup (although the sauce will be a bit runnier)
- Light Treacle (pretty good substitute)
- Molasses (eeek – very very strong!)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Buter (melted)
- 1 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 30 grams Butter
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Golden Syrup
Golden Syrup Sauce Mix
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 1 cup Golden Syrup
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 50 grams Buter (melted)
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
How to Make Slow Cooker Golden Syrup Dumplings:
- In a large bowl, sift in the Self Raising Flour. Add the 30 grams of butter and pinch the butter into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and butter mix and add the 1/3 cup of milk and the 1/3 cup of Golden Syrup. Mix well.
- Set the mixture aside
- Turn your slow cooker onto HIGH.
- In the slow cooker, mix together the 1 cup of golden syrup, the 1/2 cup of brown sugar and the 50 grams of butter. Add the boiling water.
- Then blob tablespoons of the dumpling mix gently into the syrup, keeping them apart as much as possible in the slow cooker.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 90 minutes on HIGH.