Slow Cooker Lasagna…Yes, you heard that right!
Even the traditional Lasagna can be done in the slow cooker! You know how much we love lasagna, right? Each bite provides a forkful of comfort and flavour. Come on, make some and dig in! This recipe serves 8, so for a family of four (and you don’t want leftovers, you can halve the recipe!).
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Chicken Stock Cube (crumbled)
- 500 grams Beef Mince
- 1 Brown Onion Diced
- 1 tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp White Sugar
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tin Diced Tomatoes (tin)
- 1 tsp Basil (dried)
- 1 x 250g Lasagne Noodles
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube (crumbled)
- Place your slowcooker on the low setting and spray it well with canola spray.
- In a bowl mix together all the first part of the ingredients except for the lasagna sheets.
- Mix well.
- Cover the bottom of the slowcooker with the mince mixture, then place the lasagna sheets over the top (without overlapping - you might have to break them a bit to fit).
- Next spoon enough cheese sauce over the noodles to cover (not too thick), and repeat until all the mixtures are used up.
- Sprinkle some extra cheese on top.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Use a large serving spoon to 'scoop' out the lasagna to serve.
- Serve with a salad and crusty bread.
To make the Cheese Sauce
- In a microwave proof container place the butter and the flour, microwave for 30 seconds or until the mixture is foamy, whisk in the milk, cheese and stock cube, and season to taste.
- Microwave in 30 second increments until mixture is smooth and consistent and slightly thickened.