Slow Cooker Massaman Lamb Shanks are so tender and moist that the meat just melts off the bone, sure to be a hit with the family. You just put it on in the morning and by evening you have a feast for your hungry hordes!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Red Onion
- Massaman curry paste
- Cinnamon stick
- Unsalted peanuts
- Place shanks and flour in a large snap-lock bag.
- Season with salt and pepper and seal bag shake to coat.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook shanks in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned all over, adding extra oil if necessary.
- Transfer to bowl of slow cooker.
- Add potatoes to slow cooker
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add paste. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add pineapple juice, lime juice, stock and fish sauce and bring it to the boil.
- Transfer mixture to a slow cooker and add the cinnamon
- Cook on low for 6 hours, turning shanks halfway through cooking.
- Add peanuts and coconut milk and cook for a further 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until lamb is very tender.