Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Beef Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Beef, throw the meat and ingredients in and forget for hours. It always comes out so tender. Well here is a take on the traditional mince burritos, using roasting beef. Enjoy! Best…
Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Beef
Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Beef, throw the meat and ingredients in and forget for hours. It always comes out so tender. Well here is a take on the traditional mince burritos, using roasting beef. Enjoy!
Best of all, you can cook it in bulk and freeze it into meal-size portions so you can enjoy shredded Mexican Beef at any time!
Roasting Beef: This can be any cut of the following styles:
rolled rib roast
Any beef that is cheaper and needs to be cooked over a longer period of time is the best. Personally I’m a fan of gravy beef, even though it does have a higher fat content, it has a beautiful flavour and doesn’t seem to taste dry like other beef roasts.
Other Ways to Serve Shredded Beef:
On a baked potato with coleslaw and cheese
Have it on bread rolls with gravy.
Serve it on pizza with feta cheese and pumpkin
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 kg Roasting Beef
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3/4 cup Beef Stock
- 1/2 tsp Parsley
- 2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 Tin Red Kidney Beans optional
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and brown (in a large frypan or in your slowcooker if it has the function). Once browned all over, place into the slowcooker.
- Lightly fry the onion in the same pan, then add the garlic and tomato paste, then the stock and the spices.
- Add this mixture to the slowcooker, making sure you get all remaining bits out of the pan.
- Cook on low for 8 hours then take out the beef and pull apart with a fork.
- Return meat to the slowcooker, add red kidney beans (optional) and mix well.