Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Beef
Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Beef, throw the meat and ingredients in and forget for hours. It always comes out so tender. Well here is a take on the traditional mince burritos, using roasting beef. Enjoy!
Best of all, you can cook it in bulk and freeze it into meal-size portions so you can enjoy shredded Mexican Beef at any time!
Roasting Beef: This can be any cut of the following styles:
rolled rib roast
Any beef that is cheaper and needs to be cooked over a longer period of time is the best. Personally I’m a fan of gravy beef, even though it does have a higher fat content, it has a beautiful flavour and doesn’t seem to taste dry like other beef roasts.
Other Ways to Serve Shredded Beef:
On a baked potato with coleslaw and cheese
Have it on bread rolls with gravy.
Serve it on pizza with feta cheese and pumpkin
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 kg Roasting Beef
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3/4 cup Beef Stock
- 1/2 tsp Parsley
- 2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 Tin Red Kidney Beans optional
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and brown (in a large frypan or in your slowcooker if it has the function). Once browned all over, place into the slowcooker.
- Lightly fry the onion in the same pan, then add the garlic and tomato paste, then the stock and the spices.
- Add this mixture to the slowcooker, making sure you get all remaining bits out of the pan.
- Cook on low for 8 hours then take out the beef and pull apart with a fork.
- Return meat to the slowcooker, add red kidney beans (optional) and mix well.