Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- In a large pot or frypan, heat the olive oil.
- Add the bacon, onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until starting to brown.
- Reduce the heat and add the carrot and celery and cook until soft.
- Pour mixture into the slow cooker.
- Again heat the frypan and brown the mince.
- Pour into the slow cooker.
- Stir in the stock, red wine, tin of tomatoes, tomato paste and spices to taste.
- Cook on LOW for 6 - 8 hours stirring every so often.