|Receive SAHM articles like this Daily|
|Receive SAHM articles like this Weekly|
Strawberry Bread is a great afternoon snack, it’s quite simple to make and tastes delicious with icing and butter. Best served warm!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cups Flour Self-Raising sifted
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 250 grams Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Take punnet of strawberries and thinly slice half the berries and cut remainder into halves.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan and line with baking paper.
- Place sugar, oil and egg in a medium bowl. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer for 5-8 mins until thick and creamy.
- Fold in flour alternately with the milk, then fold in sliced berries.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan, top with halved strawberries.
- Bake in oven for 55 mins to an hour or until cooked in centre.
- Stand in pan for 10 minutes then turn onto rack to cool.