Strawberry Bread is a great afternoon snack, it’s quite simple to make and tastes delicious with icing and butter. Best served warm! At this time of year when strawberries are in season and are cheap, it is a great idea to buy in bulk and freeze them for use in bread like this so you can enjoy the very best strawberries all year around!
This bread is not only sweet and perfect with butter, it freezes really well too. To freeze Strawberry Bread, allow it cool to room temperature, double wrap in plastic wrap – pop a sticker on it with the contents and date, and pop in the freezer for up to two months.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Take punnet of strawberries and thinly slice half the berries and cut remainder into halves.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan and line with baking paper.
- Place sugar, oil and egg in a medium bowl. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer for 5-8 mins until thick and creamy.
- Fold in flour alternately with the milk, then fold in sliced berries.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan, top with halved strawberries.
- Bake in oven for 55 mins to an hour or until cooked in centre.
- Stand in pan for 10 minutes then turn onto rack to cool.