Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 125 grams Butter softened
- 3/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Plain Flour
- 3/4 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 cups Sultanas
- 1 cup Water boiling
- 3 Black Tea Bags
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- In a medium bowl, add the tea bags and pour the boiling water over the top and stand for a few minutes.
- Remove the teabags and pour in the sultanas and let them 'steep' for about 20 minutes. Pour off any excess liquid and discard.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a loaf tin well. Beat together the butter and sugar until creamed.
- Add the beaten eggs and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the sultana mixture alternatively with the sifted flour and milk and fold to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm with butter.