Sushi could be one of my favorite foods…ok I have a lot of favorites, but I do love to make it from home and the kids join in too!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Sushi rice
- Sushi seasoning
- Nori sheets
- Cooked chicken pieces
- Soy sauce, for dipping
- Pickled ginger
- Place 2 cups of cold water and 1 cup sushi rice in saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cover for 15 minutes.
- Chop and prepare sushi fillings.
- When rice is cooled pour sushi seasoning over rice and mix until well coated.
- Lay nori sheets shinny side down on your bamboo mat. Place a layer of rice mix over nori sheet about 2 cm thick, add desired toppings and roll tightly.
- Alternatively use a sushi roll maker that you can get from any kitchen shops, this will help your sushi stay very tight and make you look like a professional! If using this, pack rice into each semi circle line with toppings then close, press out onto nori sheets in a perfect rice cylinder and roll.
- Cut each roll into 6 pieces and serve with soy sauce and pickled ginger. You may also add wasbi if you like the heat!!
- The filling combinations we had were, chicken, mayonnaise and avocado. Salmon and avocado. Then cucumber, carrot, avocado and pickled ginger. Let us know your favorite combination. Another popular one at my house is tuna, corn and mayonnaise all mixed together.
- Serve with soy sauce and pickled ginger.