Sweet and Buttery French Lemon Madeleines For the best result for these Sweet and Buttery French Lemon Madeleines, you need to refrigerate this mixture for a few hours before baking. But a little hint, if you make the batter…
Sweet and Buttery French Lemon Madeleines
For the best result for these Sweet and Buttery French Lemon Madeleines, you need to refrigerate this mixture for a few hours before baking. But a little hint, if you make the batter the night before and leave it in the fridge until the morning you will not be sorry you were so organised!
Madeleines are the perfect ‘High Tea’ cakes. They are delicious little buttery morsels of cake traditionally made in a Madeleine Tin which is shaped like a sea shell. You can grab them from most kitchenware stores.
This recipe makes 30 madeleines.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Butter (room temperature)
- Caster sugar
- 240 grams Butter (room Temperature)
- 300 grams Caster Sugar
- 6 medium Eggs
- zest of 4 Lemons
- 1 large pinch Salt
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 300 grams Plain Flour
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Sweet and Buttery French Lemon Madeleines:
- Cream the butter with ¼ cup of the caster sugar until the mixture is light and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the rest of the caster sugar with the eggs, lemon zest and salt.
- Fold the flour and baking powder in until just combined.
- Add 1/3 of the batter to the butter mix and beat in vigorously.
- Fold both mixtures together gently.
- At this stage you can transfer the mixture to a piping bag, it’s much easier to fill the madeleine tin, or in the bowl and cover with glad wrap.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Butter and flour the madeleine moulds and pipe mixture into them.
- If you want to add berries now is the time. Gently push two berries into each madeleine.
- Pop in the oven, then immediately reduce the heat to 180°C.
- Bake for about 12 to 13 minutes or until brown around the edges and bounce back when pressed in the middle.
- Once cooked turn out onto a wire rack to cool. BUT! They are best eaten hot if you ask me!