Sweet Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
These delicious dinner rolls are sweet, we use pineapple juice to make them delectable. They are perfect bread rolls for pulled pork or pulled beef sliders.
Some ideas for fillings include:
Ham and Cheese
Pulled Pork with Gravy and Apple Sauce
Pulled Beef with cheese and coleslaw
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- White vinegar
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 85 grams Butter (room Temperature)
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 5 cups Plain Flour, Sifted
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg (large)
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds or until just melted.
- Combine the melted butter, pineapple juice, milk and honey together in a microwave proof bowl. Microwave for one minute on medium heat or until the mixture is heated through. The milk may curdle, but that's okay.
- Sift together the plain flour, yeast and salt. Pour in the pineapple mixture.
- Mix to combine. Then add the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture to a floured board and knead until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Allow it to rise in a warm place for two hours. A sunny window is perfect.
- Remove the plastic wrap and 'punch' down the dough. Give it another good knead, then separate the dough into 12 even balls.
- Grease a large baking tray, and arrange the 12 bread rolls at even spaces.
- Again, set the dough aside to rise in a warm place. Leave for another 90 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Bake the rolls for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm.